Maintaining the beautiful and glowing skin is little tough these days, as our life has become so busy in working and in our daily routines. And considering the change in climate, now-a-days heat is increasing and pollution in the environment is also increasing. Think when we are facing problems like this and we find hard to maintain our skin these days. Then the people who are born with sensitive skin need to be more careful in terms of taking care of their skin and to manage clear and glowing skin.
Sensitive skin get irritated very easily by the little things like the food you intake or the beauty products you use or pollution and many more. Because of these reasons, you need to take extra and special care of your skin and complexion. I would like to share few Do’s and Don’ts for those who have sensitive skin.
1. Always keep your skin clear by drinking water mixed lemon juice. This drink has amazing health and beauty advantages: Detoxifies, aids digestion, beautifies skin from within, purifies the blood and relieves bloating.
2. Always use the sun screen lotions which have a non-comedogenic SPF paraben and the lotion should be fragrance free. Always keep in mind that the lotion which have more SPF, the more irritating your skin may feel, so it better you stick to an SPF 30, which blocks 97 percentage of UV rays.
3. Always use home remedies to exfoliate sensitive skin. Like this remedy, Mix about ½ cup of sugar with few drops of olive oil to exfoliate and bind moisture to skin. Apply very gently this remedy on your skin and then apply fresh squeezed lemon juice using cotton ball. Leave on for 5-7 min, then wash using cold water and moisturize your skin.
1. The very main and important this is never ever use hot water to cleanse your sensitive skin.
2. Don’t rub or scrub your skin very hardly.
3. The people who have sensitive skin should not use petroleum-based products–they create a barrier on your skin, and they won’t do anything to nourish, heal or hydrate skin.
Below are the best beauty tips for sensitive skin;
1. You should be very careful when you buy any products or cosmetics. Sensitive skin usually does not react and show its results good with the content which is present in the products or cosmetics. It is very important that you should know the ingredients which are present in the products before you are buying the product. To avoid any skin irritation or any type of allergy which may occur after using, as your skin is already sensitive? As a beautician I would like to suggest that it’s better to do skin or patch tests before using the product, just to find out that the product suits your sensitive skin or not.
2. As I have explained in above tip that why you should do patch test on your skin? It is very important to do patch test before using a new product or cosmetic on your skin or trying any new brand for your sensitive skin. I would like to tell how to do patch test easily at home? Just take a small amount of the product or cosmetic and apply on your skin, not the face. You can apply on back of the ears or on arms, apply and leave for 48 hours then wipe it using cotton ball to see any skin reaction. If the skin gets small pimples or any type of irritation occurs then don’t use that product.
3. To have a healthy and glowing skin is very important for all skin types, especially the type sensitive skin that requires more water to be locked to prevent the skin from drying. Always use moisture which suits your skin type, organic will works more good than other. Now-a-days many cosmetic companies have released special moisturizing creams made for sensitive skin. You can try one of them and get good results.
4. It’s best you use homemade remedies like milk, plain curds, fruits and natural oils to pamper your sensitive skin. As sometime the ingredients in the products may not suit your skin type and they can harm your skin too. As sensitive skin gets allergy sooner than any other skin type.
5. Always clean your face using water and glycerin. You can use glycerin mixed wait water weekly 3 times.
6. Use fresh fruits like apple, pappy, berries, banana, grapes etc. To massage your skin and you can use these fruits like mask also. Eat any one of these fruits every day. Eating or drinking fresh fruit juice will help to get clear and glowing skin. Drink lots of water at least 7-8 liters of water per day.
7. Wash you face 6-7 times in a day. Whenever you get time, wash your face. You can wash your face 2-3 times using mild face wash and rests of the times wash your face using plain water. It not only keeps your skin clean but also hydrates your skin and cleans out all the impurities from your skin and pores. Avoid rubbing and pat your skin to dry.
8. Protect your sensitive skin from sun. Too much expose to sun will damage your skin. And the heat damages skin cells and can often cause skin rashes and skin diseases. Harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun should be avoided by wearing sunglasses, using sunscreen lotions (SPF 30) with high SPF and covering your skin while going out and use gloves for your hands to protect your skin. Also try not to go in the sun as much as possible or avoid going out in sun.
9. You should take care of your eyes and the skin around eyes. Skin around the eyes is very sensitive and delicate as compared to the skin of the face and body. That’s why it is even more important that you should use a good quality eye cream and cleansers every night before going to sleep. You can also use cucumber slice or homemade remedies for eyes and the skin around eyes.
10. Always use facial wipes or soft tissues to wipe your skin instead of using harsh towels, facial wipes should be used to pat on your skin than rubbing it on your skin.
Hope the above tips will help you to get glowing and clear skin. And helps you to maintain your sensitive skin in a proper manner.