Sugar is not a healthy ingredient to intake in our daily diet as it may cause health problems like weight gain, diabetes, cellulite, joint pains and skin problems. Sugar is known as a natural exfoliate for skin, for this reason many peoples use sugar as scrub to cleanse the skin and exfoliate it. Applying sugar directly is one of the best skin care product which is natural and effective ingredient.
Sugar scrubs are very easy to prepare and it gives unbelievably soft skin. Anybody can use this scrub, as it is natural ingredient. Sugar has a natural anti-ageing effect on skin, because as sugar is an exfoliant cleanser for skin and helps to open the pores of skin. This helps to prevent the skin cells from damaging skin. The toxins do not effect on skin, this is the long run slows down the ageing process and helps to keep your skin youthful, wrinkles free and great skin.
Sugar can be either use to scrub your face with raw sugar or mix with other skin care ingredients to get a flawless and clear skin. These below scrubs should be applied and should be massaged very gently on skin, and after massaging leave it on your skin for 3-4 min then wash it using normal water. Read on to know the Homemade sugar scrub for skin care:-
1. Take 50 % of white cane sugar, 50 % of vegetable glycerin or glycerin to moisten the sugar, add little amount of aloe Vera gel, vitamin C crystals, or Milk or anything healing that dissolves in water, then add 1 or 2 drops of essential oil if desire and you can also add 2 tsp of hibiscus powder for pink color. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl properly. Apply the scrub on your face, neck, hand and on body also then massage gently into your skin for a min. This scrub will actually tighten onto your skin. Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes then wash carefully it using normal water.
2. Prepare a mixture of brown sugar and olive oil then use this mixture as scrub. Apply this scrub on face and neck, then massage gently for 3-4 min then leave for 2 min then wash it gently using normal water. You can use this scrub as body scrub also.
3. Take 1 ripe banana, 3 tbsps granulated sugar and you can add ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil (optional). Smash and mix all the ingredients together using fork into a bowl. Doesn’t over-mash as it may become too thin to apply. Then apply on your face avoiding the eye area and body and massage for 3-5 min then leave for 3-4 min then wash it or you can apply this scrub before shower.
4. Tomato and sugar scrub, Take few slice of tomato then pour slowly sugar on it and start massaging gently on your skin. Massage for 3-4 min then leave it to dry then wash your skin very gently using normal water. You can use this scrub for as body scrub also. This scrub will help to get rid of dark marks and give glowing skin.
5. Take 1/2 cup of pure coconut oil, and then add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Then mix all the ingredients properly to form a scrub. Then apply and massage on skin for 3-4 min then leave for 2 min then wash it using normal water or you can use this scrub while in the shower also.
6. Take 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of jojoba or almond or olive oil and 1 tsp of lemon or lime juice. Mix all the ingredients properly. Then apply and gently massage on skin (avoiding eyes) for 3-4 min, then leave for 3-4 min then wash it using normal water.
7. A very fast and very effective scrub, if you are in hurry and not time to prepare scrub and use it for 10 min then the best scrub for your is. Just wash you face and then apply raw sugar granules on face very gently massage for 3-4 min then wash it using normal water. Rinse properly to get clear and glowing skin.
8. Another best scrub for anti-ageing is green tea and sugar. Green tea has anti-ageing properties and also helps to heal scar tissue. Brew 1 tsp of green leave and strain and add sugar and mix it properly. Apply this scrub on skin and massage gently for 3-4 min then wash it using normal water. This scrub helps to get rid of wrinkles and makes your skin tight.
9. To get fair and smooth skin, use this sugar scrub. Mix sugar with milk and add 1 tsp or more of sandalwood powder to make a fine scrub. Then apply on your skin and massage for 5 min then wash it using normal water. Or you can use it as face mask also, apply and leave for 7-8 min then gently massage for 2 min then wash it using normal water.
10. Soak almonds overnight in water or rose water and next morning ground into a paste. Now add sugar granules and add few drops of almond oil, then apply on your skin. Gently massage for 3-5 min then leave for 2 min then wash it using normal water. This scrub will help to cleanse your skin and to get soft skin.