As summer started we all need go for head bath every alternate days, as we faces a problems like sweat in scalp, oily scalp and hairs, sticky hairs, dandruff and many more…. Dandruff occurs in scalp due to many reasons like dry scalp, if dust and dirt stick to scalp due to sweat and lack of hair care etc. Dandruff may be caused due to dryness in scalp and in many cases due to infections. There are many shampoos and conditioners are available in market now a days but they work only for small period of time like for 2-3 days after using these products. So homemade remedies works great on treating dandruff problems, I one of my post I have shared few essential oils which help to treat dandruff problem.
Today I will share how lemon helps to treat dandruff naturally? Dandruff problem is a common problem in men and women. There are so many homemade and natural remedies to treat dandruff and to reduce dandruff problem. In most of natural remedies involves lemon juice which has a mild citrus acid, which is a great remedial agent to treat dandruff and oily scalp. Lemon can be mixed with other natural ingredients and it can be applied before or after the shower, depending on other ingredients and method involved.
The other natural ingredients which are involved along with lemon are olive oil, sour curds (yogurt), coconut oil, peppermint oil, vinegar etc… all these ingredients helps to reduce dandruff problem. They helps to keep your scalp and hairs clean, as well as give you healthy hairs, helps to reduce dandruff, acts as a cleansers and moisturizers the scalp and also help to condition your scalp and hairs.
Below are the Lemon remedies to treat dandruff problem:-
1. Take 1 tbsp of hazel oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice and over indirect heat, mix both the ingredients. Now apply this warm mixture in circular motion on scalp and hairs and then gently massage for few mins. Relax for 20-25 mins then wash it using mild shampoo. Repeat this treatment weekly 2-3 times.
2. Take about 4 tbsp of Vinegar and about 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Now mix both the remedies then apply on scalp using cotton ball. This is a great remedy to treat dandruff problem if used regularly.
3. The other great and easy remedy to treat dandruff problem is coconut oil and lemon remedy. Warm little coconut oil over indirect heat and take it down and mix about 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Now apply on scalp and hairs then gently start massaging in circular motion on scalp for few mins. Now cover your hairs using shower cap and relax for 15-20 mins then rinse it using mild shampoo. Repeat this treatment weekly 2-4 times to reduce dandruff effectively.
4. The best natural treatment to reduce dandruff and get great hairs is henna treatment. Take 4 tsps. Of lemon juice, about 2 tsps. Of coffee powder, required amount of henna powder, 2 whole raw eggs required amount of tea extract and 1 tsp of fenugreek powder. And then mix all the ingredients and prepare a thick paste of henna and you can add water to make a paste (paste should not be very thick, it should be enough thick to apply neatly on scalp and hairs). Now apply henna and cover your hairs using shower cap and leave for 2 hours and then wash it using mild shampoo (first wash your scalp and hairs under running water then use shampoo only 1 time).
5. Take required amount of watery sour curds (yogurt) , about 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1-2 tsp of honey then mix all the ingredients properly. Now apply this mixture on scalp and hairs, leave for 20-25 mins then wash it using warm water followed with mild shampoo. Repeat this lemon treatment 2-3 times weekly to treat dandruff problem.
6. Best hot oil treatment with lemon juice, all you need is 1 tbsp. of castor oil, 2 tbsps. of coconut oil, 2 tbsps. of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice. Now mix all the ingredients and apply on your scalp using circular motions. Cover your head using warm moist towel for about 20-25 mins then wash it using mild shampoo.
7. The best ingredient to treat dandruff is tea, just boil tea by adding about 2 tbsps. of tea with a half cup of water, bring it to boil until it get thick and strain the boiled tea with a thick consistency. Now add 1 tsp . of lemon juice and mix properly. Apply this warm tea and lemon mixture on your scalp and hairs using cotton ball and leave for about 15-20 min then wash it using mild shampoo.