Nails are also made up of the same protein, called keratin like our hairs. Fingernails grow quicker than toenails, though growth is still appropriate slow. Normally fingernails grow about 1/10 of inch every month. But sometimes nails grow even slower due many reasons like health, lacks of protein intakes and many more.
There are other numerous issues add to slow nail growth like aging, health problems, hormonal changes in the body, medicines, chemotherapy and nutritional lacks. But now there is solution for slow and weak growth of nails. Slow nail growth can also be convoyed by inelastic nails, splitting, breakage, weak nails and other nail problems.
Homemade Remedies to Grow Nails Faster and Stronger :
Intake a healthy diet and subsequent appropriate nail care routine are easy ways to keep the nails strong and grow fast. By using some of the easy natural and homemade remedies can help nails to grow faster and stronger.
1. Garlic is very effective remedy to make nails grow faster. Apply garlic paste on nails twice a week leave it for few min and wash off using normal water. Or just cut a garlic piece in half and gently rub it on the nails and tips of the nails. Its juices will get absorbed by the nail. Leave it to dry and wash off with normal water.
2. Take orange juice in a bowl and soak your nails in fresh orange juice for 10-12 mins. Wash off using warm water, pat dry and apply little moisturizer. Follow this remedy daily once to get best results.
3. Take 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and 3 tbsp. of olive oil mix both the ingredients well. Marginally heat the mixture in the microwave and then soak the nails in solution for 10 mins. Follow this remedy daily once. Lemon can be used directly as well, just rub a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 mins and then rinse off using warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizer on it. Repeat this daily once. Escape rubbing lemon on nails if there are any cuts or wound, as it may start burning.
4. Take ½ cup of tomato juice and 2 tbsp. of Olive oil. Mix both the ingredients in a small bowl. Soak the nails for 10-12 mins, then rinse off using normal water. Tomatoes are superb sources of biotin, which has been known to encourage hair and nail growth.
5. Take 1/4 cup of organic honey, 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil and 4-5 drops of rosemary essential oil. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Warm the solution and soak the nails for 15 mins. Repeat 1-2 times weekly.
6. Regularly massage the nails and hands with lukewarm extra-virgin coconut oil daily at night before sleeping daily. Massage in globular motions to increase blood circulation and leave it overnight and wash in the morning.