Normally when we think of scrubbing then we think of scrubbing down our whole body and our face skin with an amazing scrub. However, scrubbing just for our body is not enough, even our scalp also need scrubbing. As I know that many people even don’t know that scrub should be used for scalp as well, as we have forgotten that our scalp is also skin too! Scrubbing is very important during winters as only by using shampoo and conditioner will not keep the scalp clean.
We use exfoliate our skin to remove dirt, oil and other build up from our pores, then the same needs to be done for our scalp too. Scrubbing not only will help to remove build up, but it will also help to encourage healthy hair growth by giving the scalp a good scrubbing.
Tired of using costly scalp scrubs that don’t give any good results? Then you must try these below natural scalp and hair scrub which not only does it changes your hair quality in weeks, but also strengthens your hairs.
Homemade Scalp and Hair Scrub for Healthy Hairs:
1. One of the most effective and easiest scalp scrubs is Brown Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub , all you need is¼ cup of Olive Oil and ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar. Mix these 2 ingredients in a bowl and apply on your scalp and gently massage the scrub into your scalp. Leave for few mins and gently wash your hair as usual. As these scrub include olive oil, this remedy is great for dry scalps people.
2. Another effecting scalp scrub is made of Clarifying Shampoo, Cornmeal or grounded almonds & Essential Oil (peppermint or tea tree oil). Mix equal parts of clarifying shampoo and cornmeal or ground almonds. Then add a few drops of an essential oil like peppermint or tea tree oil. Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl and gently massage the scrub into your scalp for 3-5 mins using only your fingertips. Then leave for few min then rinse off. You can use conditioner if needed.
3. We all know the brown sugar and oatmeal are the best natural exfoliators, which helps to remove the blocked dirt and impurities and boosts the blood circulation of your hair glands. All you need is 2 tsp. of brown sugar, 2 tsp. of oatmeal, 2 tsp. of hair conditioner, about 15 drops of olive oil. Now take bowl and mix brown sugar and oatmeal in it. Now add of your favourite hair conditioner to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients using your hands or brush. Now add olive oil. Now again mix all the ingredients properly. Scalp scrub is ready to use Now apply on your scalp gently till the ends of your hairs then gently massage for few and leave it for few more mins then wash off using normal water.you can use shampoo in required.
4. Baking soda is the best natural cleaning agent as it is used to treat acne problems but in this remedy we are going use baking soda as a scalp scrub. This scrub can be used once in a month to remove unwelcome bacteria and dandruff or to reduce dry scalp. As baking soda contains antiseptic properties which will guard your hair from damage. Take 1 tsp. of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. of shampoo, about 3 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tsp. of baking soda. Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl. Then while massaging your hair apply it focusing on the scalp and roots. Massage for few mins and wash off using Luke warm water. This will help to improve blood circulation and stimulate hair growth.
5. Take about 4 tbsp. of finely ground white or brown sugar, 2 tbsp. of your favorite silicone-free conditioner and 1 tbsp. of honey in a bowl. Now mix of the ingredients together. Gently apply this scrub on your scalp and leave for 5-10 mins then rinse off using Luke warm water. This scrub is very effective on dry and irritated scalp.