Pregnancy is a wonderful stage in every women’s life , it brings lots of joy and there starts a new way of living life. But along with new changes in life this period also brings few common skin problems like acne, dark circles, dry skin, pigmentation and chapped and dry lips are all too common. However these pregnancy skin problems are temporary and get resolve within a few months after the delivery, until these are there they can cause you a great deal of worry. The main thing is that you even cannot opt for high end beauty treatments to counter them nor use any other skin products to treat them as they can contain chemicals. Natural remedies are the best way to treat skin problems during pregnancy.
Most common skin problems during the first and second trimesters are acne, dry skin and pimples. An increase in hormones called androgen’s can cause the glands in your skin to grow and create more sebum, an oily, greasy substance. This oil may clog pores and lead to bacteria, inflammation and breakouts.
Here are some of the skin problems you might face during pregnancy and some natural remedies to deal with the same:
1. Skin pigmentation during pregnancy is very common in many women due to the beginning of numerous hormones. The best remedy to treat pigmentation is to apply some fresh pulp of aloe Vera gel on your face. Alternately, you can also apply cucumber juice and tomato juice mixed with milk on the darkened areas or on pigmentation. Avoid using lemon juice during pregnancy if your skin is sensitive.
2. Another major skin problem during pregnancy is acne. To treat acne during pregnancy you can use a honey. Honey has an antibacterial and antiseptic property which also acts as mild bleach along with soothing the skin. To use this remedy, first wash or rinse your face using warm water. Then apply honey directly to the affected area or all over the face. Leave it for 20-30 mins. Then gently rinse off using warm water.
3. If you are allergic to honey then you can use coconut oil to acne or dry skin problem during pregnancy. Coconut oil also has antibacterial and anti fungal properties which also gives smooth and soft skin. Just wash your skin with warm water and then apply virgin coconut oil instead of a moisturizer before going to sleep. You can also apply coconut oil on your hands, legs and on feet.
4. Dry skin is another major skin problem during pregnancy, normally the most common areas where skin becomes dry during pregnancy are belly, breast, nipples and legs. To treat dry skin during pregnancy you can use almond or olive oil, you can apply almond or olive oil 2 times a day once apply after bath and again apply before going to bed. Just warm a little oil and then gently apply it on your belly, breast, nipples and leg areas or you can also use it on your whole body and gently massage for few sec and leave it. These oils will help to keeps your skin moisturized and soft. Using these oils during pregnancy and post pregnancy will help to get rid of stretch marks and other kind of scars from the body.
5. Dark circles under the eyes are also common problem for many during pregnancy. The best way to treat dark circles is gently massage the dark circles with apple or papaya pulp mixed with little milk. Freshly grated potato can also work wonders for the dark circles.
6. Another smoothing face pack for skin problem during pregnancy is cucumber and oats face pack. Cucumber and oatmeal compromise soothing and cooling properties for the skin. Just simply blend both the ingredients and put in the freezer for few min. Then apply to your face and neck, leave it for 10 – 15 mins then wash off using warm water. You can use this pack for body as well.