Every pregnant woman faces many skin problems as on-going and after effects of pregnancy on her skin, like chapped lips, dark circles, acne, pimples, skin color changes etc. However these skin problems are temporary and will go with time after delivery, but they could cause to feel uncomfortable while you are pregnant. Pigmentation is one of the skin problems during pregnancy that most of the women go through. Pigmentation during pregnancy also occurs due to heredity. If this condition is seen in your family, then they are higher chances for you to get it during your pregnancy. This condition is more seen in women with dark complexion when compared to light complexion.
Since you are pregnant you cannot go for high end beauty treatments or use any kind of chemical products for skin, the best way to deal with skin pigmentation during pregnancy would be using natural remedies. However, you should know that if you are prone to skin pigmentation, using contraceptives that contain estrogen could make those dark marks come back again.
1. The very best and effective remedy to treat pigmentation during pregnancy is Almond and honey remedy. Just mix some almonds powder or almond paste and honey and make a smooth fine paste. Apply it on your skin and leave for 15-20 mins then wash off using normal water. Use this remedy daily once to get best results.
2. If you have dry skin then this remedy is best for your skin during pregnancy to treat pigmentation. Take about 1-2 tsp. of Aloe Vera gel in a bowl and add 1 tsp. of vitamin e oil and mix well. Apply this mixture in night and leave it overnight and wash off in the morning using cold water. This remedy treats pigmented skin, clears dark spots, and treats dry skin and blemishes too. Aloe Vera actually causes older skin cells to slough off, leaving clearer-looking and rejuvenated skin behind.
3. Papaya is very beneficial ingredient for skin. Using a face pack comprising of papaya helps to shrink pigmentation. Prepare a pack using about 2 tbsp. of Papaya pulp, 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of aloe Vera gel. Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on pigmented skin and leave it for 30 mins and wash off using normal water.
4. Very easy remedy to treat pigmentation during pregnancy using coconut milk remedy , take fresh coconut milk and apply on cleansed skin gently massage for few sec and leave it to get dry then wash off using normal water. Use this remedy daily 1- 2 times to treat pigmentation. Coconut milk is very rich in proteins that is required by the skin and offers smooth skin in no time.
5. Take some dry orange peel and crush them nicely and make a powder. Now add little raw milk into it and form a smooth paste. Apply this pack on the skin and leave for 15-20 mins and wash off using normal water. This remedy is best for oily skin and pimple problem.
6. All-time best remedy to treat pigmentation. Make a paste of using mint leaves using some water. Apply it pigmented skin and leave for 15 mins and wash off using normal water. Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week for better results.