The flavourful, tangy and sweet tamarind is found in almost in all Indian kitchens. Most of us love having it as a sweet candy or chutney or use for cooking purposes. But do you know that apart from its yummy taste and its known health benefits and it may be new for you to hear that it can do wonders for your skin on topical application and you can also include it in your beauty routine.
Yes and actually it’s a best home remedy for making the skin glow and bright. On regular use, it will make your skin lighten and remove dark spots, blemishes and nourish the skin. This is probably because of the high tartaric, citric, malic acid levels present in it. It is possibly a fruit with highest content of tartaric acid on earth.
Good news for acne prone skin is that Tartaric acid and other Alphahydroxy acids are ingredients in some acne treatment products. These tamarind face packs with its huge amounts of tartaric acid, apart from all the benefits it does for the skin can also prevent acne.
Tamarind has anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, AHA and anti-bacterial properties. It also has hydra lock property which help in balancing the moisture in skin, but as it is acidic in nature, it is better to do a patch test before using it all over your face, as some people with sensitive skin tend to be very sensitive to acidic fruits on skin and doing a patch test is a must for all sensitive skin beauties and do not increase the amount of tamarind, more tamarind might reason for itchiness.
Tamarind Face Pack For Glowing and Bright Skin:
1. To prepare the most effective tamarind face mask all you need is 1 tsp. of fresh tamarind pulp, 1 tsp. of Multani Mitti, 1 tsp. of sandalwood powder, 2 tsp. of curd, few drops of rose water. Take a clean bowl, add tamarind pulp in it (Make fresh pulp, soak tamarind pieces in hot water for 1 hour, and once soft, squeeze out the pulp, and leave the skin behind). Add curd in the tamarind pulp then, add multani mitti and sandalwood powder, then add rose water and mix all the ingredients in a bowl to form a paste. Then apply it all over on clean face. Leave for 20 mins, then rinse off using warm water. Don’t use soap after this .
2. Another simple face mask using tamarind is just take 1 tbsp. full of fresh tamarind paste , 2 tbsp. fullers earth and little rose water enough to make a smooth paste. Mix all the ingredients well and form a smooth face mask. Apply this on cleansed face and neck and leave for 15 mins. Then wash off using plain water. The remaining face mask can be stored in a refrigerator for later use but this face mask can be used only for 3 days not more than that. This face mask gently exfoliates the skin and deep cleanses the pores. It makes the skin bright and glowing. This is also one of the best home remedy which works for all types of skin problems like to remove sun tan and skin lightening or acne control face mask. It has all the best properties to be used as a home based skin care product.
3. Take 1tsp. of the fresh tamarind pulp in a bowl. Add ½ a tsp. of turmeric powder and mix well. Prepare a smooth paste and then apply on the face and neck. Leave it for 20 mins and rinse off using warm water. Use this face pack daily 1 time to get rid of pimples and pimple marks.
4. This face pack acts as natural bleach on skin and works as a natural skin whitening mask just mix fresh tamarind pulp, lemon juice and honey. Take about 1/2 tsp. of tamarind paste, 1/2 tbsp. of lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp. of honey in a bowl and mix well. Apply the pack all over the face and neck then leave for 15 mins. Then rinse off using cold water. Apply this face pack once in a week for best results.
5. This face pack gives extra glow and provides immediate visible results. In the tamarind water, add about 1 tsp. of gram flour. Then add 1 tsp. of honey and mix well to form a paste. Apply it on face and neck then leave it for 20 mins. Then gently scrub all over your face and rinse with warm water. Use twice a week for effective results. Best suited for oily skin and acne skin.