Tulsi (Holy basil) is also known as sacred herb, great medicine which nature has given us and the outstanding herb is full of nutrients and popular for its healing medicinal abilities and beauty aspects. Holy basil is famous for its varied qualities like it is extremely good for purification, lightens the skin tone, soothes the acne prone sensitive skin and even helps eliminating pimples/acne and anti-ageing through natural bodily functioning and one of the best herbs for making your skin youthful from within the body and also in the outside look .
There are many natural and Ayurvedic treatments that are done using tulsi. It has a lot of medicinal values and uses which can benefit us in more than one way. One such best way to use tulsi is to make revitalizing masks and other skin care products by using it in powdered form, paste or juice, and applying on the skin regularly.
Tulsi helps to slows down the ageing process and provides a rich source of anti-oxidant, and even helps you to keep your skin young looking fresh and gives clear and bright skin. Read on to know some exciting, refreshing, and tried and tested forms tulsi face packs. You can make these face packs easily at home and stay fresh and glowing without spending hours and money at beauty salons.
1. Take 10-12 Tulsi Leaves and Mint Leaves and few drops of clean Water. Add Tulsi leaves with mint leaves and little bit of water in a grinder or juicer then grind to a smooth paste. Extract the juice and apply on your oily areas as a face mask and leave it for 10-15 min then wash off using cold water .
2. Dry tulsi leaves and powder them and store it in an airtight container. Mix this powder with Fuller’s earth then add water or milk to form a paste and then apply it on the face all over leave it for 15 mins and wash off using normal water. If you have oily skin , use the Tulsi powder with curd for the same.
3. You can mix sandalwood powder and tulsi powder then add water to form a paste and apply everyday for 5-10 mins and see your acne and pigmentation disappear and you will get great clear skin. Or you can mix the freshly crushed leaves mixed with a few drops of lemon and lighten skin tone as well as disinfect acne prone skin, this works wonders for oily skin .
4. This face pack is best suited for dry skin. Take few Tulsi Leaves,Yogurt and Gram Flour. Mix yogurt and gram flour in equal amounts to make a paste. Add some Tulsi crushed leaves or Tulsi powder. Make a paste and apply on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries then rinse off using cold water. Yogurt and Gram flour with Tulsi leaves, works as a natural moisturizer, clearing all the pores and also brightening the skin .
5. This face pack helps for fading blemishes & pimple marks. Mix tulsi leaves with orange peel powder and mix it with milk or curds or even you can use rose water then apply on your face daily for 10 min then see the face pack work its magic. You can alternatively also use tulsi and sandalwood powder, blend it with a tsp. of milk and leave it in for 5-10 mins every day on face to reduce blemishes and acne marks. Apart from this you can crush 5 leaves of tulsi daily to purify blood for clearer skin .
6. To get Hydrated Skin use this remedy if your skin is triumph all flaky, with dry and dead cells coating your skin, try this tulsi face pack to free your facial beauty. Take 4-5 dried tulsi leaves and crush them to form a rough powder. Mix this powder with a tsp. of yogurt and make a thick paste. Apply evenly all over your face and neck and leave it for 30 mins. Once pack gets dry, wash off with lukewarm water, apply a light moisturizer for long-lasting effect .