Beetroot is the root part of beet plant which is also known as garden beet, table beet, red beet or only beet in North America. Beetroot has amazing benefits over health, skin and hair. Beetroot can be consumed raw, cooked or steamed in the form of salad, juice or any food recipes. Though not very pleasing to your taste buds, beetroot is very high on nutritional side. Being a rich source of iron and vitamins, it plays a major role in brightening your complexion naturally. Beetroot, the dark pigmented vegetable is loaded with vitamins and folic acid that plays an important role in the skin health. Beetroot juice makes the skin even toned, glowing, pinkish, clear, brighter and wrinkle free when applied externally.
Beetroot is tremendously effective for good hair and skin. It’s been extensively used as a face pack by many nations. It offers a pinkish shade to your skin. Although the results are more visible on fair people, regular use of this beetroot mask for face can help give you unblemished skin by decreasing pores and dark spots.
Methodical studies have confirmed that raw beetroots combat dementia, hypertension, prevent heart disease and even regulate blood sugar levels. Raw beetroots act as an excellent exercise complement. They encourage muscle oxygenation, helping you suffer high-intensity exercises. Beetroots contain strong antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and fungicidal characteristics. They have been known to treat gout and gall bladder. They also contain homocysteine, a compound that improves stomach acid restoration and decreases cholesterol. Doctors also advise to increase the intake of beetroot for people who suffer from kidney stone. It is also known as best natural hair color and many people use this natural hair dye to color their hair red, and it is totally natural with no artificial ingredients mixed in it. Beetroots are also used to strengthen the color of any food recipe and can be used to make wine too.
1. Take about 2 tsp. of Beetroot Juice, 1 tsp. of Yogurt, 1 tsp. of Lime juice and 2 tbsp. of Fullers earth or Gram flour. Take the squeezed juice from the grated beetroots; put it in a small bowl. Add fuller’s earth or gram flour and add yogurt and lime juice to the bowl of beetroot juice. Now mix all the ingredients and form a smooth paste. Apply this face pack evenly over the face and neck then leave for 15 mins. Rinse it off using lukewarm water. Pat your face dry. You will notice an instant pink glow and radiant skin. Use this face pack monthly 5-7 times to get the flawless skin.
2. If you have a dry skin and tried of using many artificial chemical mixed creams over your dry and rough skin, use a beetroot next time. All you need to do is simply rub the slices of beetroot over your skin or apply beetroot juice with the help of cotton ball and leave it to get dry then wash of your skin using warm water. Use this face pack every day for a month and you will see the difference. You can also add few drops of honey to get super smooth skin.
3. Take 1 tbsp. of beetroot juice and add a little turmeric powder to it. Mix it well to make a paste and apply it on your face and neck. Leave for 15 mins and rinse using a cold water followed with mild soap and water. This is a superb skin treatment to make the skin lighter in complexion.
4. Take 2 tbsp. of beetroot juice, 1 cup milk cream, 1 tbsp. of gram flour and 1 tbsp. of crushed rose petals. Take a bowl, add milk cream and beetroot juice in it. Mix these 2 ingredients well. After few mins, mix gram flour and paste of rose petals in it. Mix all the ingredients well. Then apply this pack on cleansed face and neck. Let it dry for some time. Then wash your face with normal water. This beetroot face pack helps to get soft, glowing and healthy skin.
5. Grind 1/2 cup of pumpkin pulp and beetroot juice together. Add 1 tsp. of honey and about ½ – 1 tsp. of almond powder to it. Mix well to make a paste and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 10 min then rinse it off using normal water. This mask helps to postponement ageing and will give your skin a fine natural glowing and gives you tighten skin.
6. As your age increases it may lead to chance that you may get an extra pigmentation on your face, which really looks awkward and makes you feel down. Beetroot helps to remove the extra pigmentation over your skin, for this all you need to apply beetroot juice with the help of the cotton ball on the affected area daily night and leave if overnight. Wash using cold water in the morning. This face pack will also help you to get clear skin.