Hair is an important part of our beauty as it enhances the physical appearance of a person. However, most of us do not take hair care very seriously because of which hair continues to get damaged and results in further problems such as hair fall, dandruff, brittle hair and so on. We expose our hair to a number of chemicals due to the excessive use of shampoos and other hair products and also the use of blow dryers, iron and heaters damage the texture of the hair. Therefore, you need to make sure that the hair remains healthy and gets the nourishment it needs. You can take care of your hair in a number of ways and one of the best remedies that you can resort to is honey hair treatment.
Most of us know honey as a delicious, sticky and sweet product that we use in the kitchen for cooking and as an ingredient to make our tea taste good. But, when it comes to using honey for other things like on our skin or hair, we may raise an eyebrow. Most of the people don’t know that honey can be used for hairs also. In fact, Honey is definitely safe for the hair and has stood the test of time.
Due to the many characteristics of honey, hair is actually nourished and enriched. It is food for hair. Honey is extremely budget friendly. In most cases, you only need a very small amount.
The benefits of honey have been long realized and used by many since ancient times and it continues to be used. Honey for hair is used to a great extent because it provides hair with the moisture that it needs and makes the hair manageable. Keep reading and you’ll find a recipes that will make your hairs looking fabulous in no time.
- Dilute some honey in water where the mixture consists of 90 percent of water and 10 percent of honey and apply it onto the scalp as you rub it gently for about 3 minutes after which you let it stay for 3 hours and then rinse.
- Honey in hair is used along with other ingredients as it works better then. If you are suffering from hair fall, make a paste with 1 tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and some hot olive oil and apply it to your hair, leave it on for around 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Mix Honey and olive oil apply on your hairs and leave for half an hour then wash your hairs. And cover your head with a warm towel after the excess water has been squeezed out and keep it on for around half an hour.
- Take 2 tbsp of honey, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of plain curds or buttermilk. Put olive oil in bowl and microwave until warm, not hot. Add honey and yogurt (or buttermilk) to olive oil and stir until well blended. Apply to damp, clean hair. You may want to use an applicator bottle to make application easier. After all the hair has been covered with this honey hair treatment, put a plastic cap on your hair to keep in the heat. Leave the honey in your hair for only 20 minutes – then rinse thoroughly with warm water. You may have to rinse twice to make sure all the conditioner is removed. Use this product once or twice a month. You’ll see the difference right away!
- Take raw egg yolk as required, 3 tbsp of honey and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Mix all the ingredients and massage well into your hair and scalp. Then wrap your hair with a towel or use shower cap and leave the mask for about 20 min then rinse with warm water.
- Take 2 ripe bananas, ½ cup of honey and 1/4th cup olive oil. Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until it becomes smooth paste, you can add little more olive oil if required to make a paste. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp evenly. Wear a plastic or shower cap leave for 20 min then rinse under running water. Use shampoo (you can use comb while washing your hair if needed). Rinse again, and now mix 4 tbsp of honey with a mug of water and rinse your hair cleanly.
- Blend 1 cup of sour curds with half cup of honey, now apply this mixture on your hair strands. Then cover your hair using shower cap leave for 15 min and wash your hair using shampoo and rinse off with honey solution.
The above honey hair mask should be applied from top to end of the hair.