Now a day’s glowing and fairer skin is everybody’s dream. Everyone thinks that it needs lot of money and time to get glowing and fairer skin, but it’s not true because you can make your own masks at home without spending any money and get glowing, shining and fairer skin without spending your time in salon.
Many of us dream to have a fairer glowing skin. Isn’t it? We always go behind many creams and beauty products which attract us. But the fact is that they have their affect on our skin only for a certain period of time. Skin is made up of two layers: dermis and epidermis. Epidermis is the outermost layer and it is not an easy task to maintain clear skin. You have to protect your skin from pimples and zits, sunburns, aging and acne.
Juggling things at work or home and at times both, leaves us with very little time to take care of our skin. Getting a professional treatment every week at the salon is not only expensive, but also exposes our skin to harmful chemicals. Low cost home-made facial remedies are best bets to keep your skin glowing and younger looking.
Below are the homemade face masks for glowing and fairer skin:-
- Make face mask using oatmeal, a pinch of turmeric and milk. Make a paste and apply on your face. After 10 minutes wash with water while massaging. Great home remedy to get fair skin naturally. It also acts as a scrubber. All the dirt and oil from your skin washes away and your complexion becomes fairer.
- Gram flour has also shown great results when used in face mask to get a fair and glowing skin. It can be used by making a paste with milk and a pinch of turmeric. For oily skin you can add rose water instead of milk.
- Almonds are known for its property to make the skin fairer. It shows the results from the very first use. Soak almonds in water. In the night grind it with milk to make a fine paste apply on the face and leave overnight.
- Take roasted orange lentils (masoor dal) and dried orange peel in equal ratio grind them with milk. Apply this pack on face keep for 15 mins and wash off. This brings glow to dull skin.
- To get fair skin, mix honey with lemon/lime juice and apply on the face and wash after it dries. Lemon and Lime work as natural bleach.
- Take equal quantity of turmeric powder chiksa powder and tomato juice make a paste and apply all over face and neck. This pack will sure bring the fairness and glow a bride wishes for. This lightens the dark skin. This pack is used by brides before wedding as daily facial mask in some parts of India.
- Grate cucumber juice squeeze it and take the juice, mix this juice with few drops of lemon and a pinch of turmeric powder regular application whitens the skin. Cucumber has water, natural oils and vitamin E and thus hydrates and softens and vitamin E protects the skin cells from ultraviolet light and pollution the skin.
- Take a papaya slice and rub it gently on the face. This is very good for skin lightening.
Papaya is an excellent skin exfoliant.
- Soak 3 or 4 almonds (depending the amount of area you are going to apply) in the morning in the milk. Mash the almonds in the milk in the night and make it form a fine paste. Apply to the face. Leave the face mask the whole night and wash the face in cold water the next morning. Your skin becomes lighter as well as glowing. This homemade face mask leaves your skin also smooth and silky.
- Soak oatmeal overnight. Next day grind it into a paste and mix it with sour curd. Apply on your face and leave for 15 min then wash your face using cold water. Using this as a pack on to the skin will help you regain fairer skin.
- Like lemon juice, potato also has mild bleaching properties. Regular application of potato juice or potato pulp as a pack will lead to fairer complexion. You can mix a pinch of turmeric powder. It also imparts a polished glow to the skin.
- A mixture of a ripe yellow banana, honey and a teaspoon of sour curd is a great way to brighten up your skin, especially the skin with suntans. Apply the mask and leave for 15 min then wash your face using normal water.
- Take half a banana and pour 1 tbsp of milk to it. Mash and mix it well and apply on your face, leave for 15-20 min and wash your face.
- Mash half banana and add half tbsp of almond oil or olive oil. Mix well, apply this mask on clean face and leave for 15 min then wash your face using cold water. You can repeat this weekly thrice.
- Mix rice flour and curds, massage in circular motion over face. Massage for 6 to 7 min then wash after 2 min. It’s a natural scrub. Use at least once in a week, it will improve your face complexion.