Most of people have oily scalp and even oily hairs too. They face lots of problems like dullness, dandruff and they become oily in one day after wash. And dust also sticks very easy on their hairs and there starts hair fall and damage.
Many people suffer from oily hair, which causes hair to look dull and lifeless, which can also cause the person suffering from the condition to feel self-conscious. Fortunately, there are an array of homemade treatments for oily hair that will help restore health and vitality to your scalp. A homemade astringent is one of the best homemade treatments for oily hair. To get rid of excess oil, try mixing equal parts of mouthwash and witch hazel, then apply to your scalp with cotton wool. The witch hazel serves as an astringent while the mouthwash acts as an antiseptic. Proceed to shampoo hair after doing this.
A homemade acidic rinse is another one of the recommended treatments for oily hair. Mix lemon with a quart of distilled water then rinse your scalp. You can also mix white vinegar with one cup of water, which will serve as a good tonic for the scalp, getting rid of any excess oil and hair product. One of the best last minute treatments for oily hair is the application of baby powder to your hair, which works to soak up excess oil. This should only be done as a last minute emergency, as it will not completely rid your scalp of excess oil. Dandruff is another side effect of oily hair. Everyone desires to have beautiful and healthy hair. It enhances our beauty and confidence levels. Many people might be facing with problems such as hair loss, dry hair, split ends and so on. Are you one among them? Then better follow some of the tips mentioned here which can be prepared and used at home. Homemade remedies used for your hair care are natural and preferable to chemical solutions. They are inexpensive too.
Homemade tips and remedies for oily scalp and hairs:-
Hair becomes oily for some people because of excess secretion of oil by the oil glands. Oily hair has a beautiful look for 1-2 days after shampooing but becomes sticky later. You should wash oily hair twice or thrice a week. Here are some homemade tips.
- Mild shampoo is to be used for washing oily hair. You should frequently wash them.
- You can apply carrot puree for 15 minutes and rinse off.
- Wash your Hairs 2 days once or if you work then wash almost daily.
- Don’t apply oil and go out of home or else your hairs will become more oily.
- If possible apply oil in night and wash in the morning. Cover your hairs Shower cap when you apply oil.
- You can rub lemon on scalp for dandruff. Use lemon weekly thrice if dandruff is more.
1. Pour 1 tbsp. cornmeal or cornstarch into an empty salt or pepper shaker and sprinkle onto dry hair and scalp until you’ve used it all. After 10 minutes, use a paddle hairbrush to completely brush it out. Treatment can be applied every other day.
2. Any kind of alcoholic beverage has a nice drying effect. The higher the alcohols content the better. Mix a shot glass full of alcohol with a couple cups of water and rinse through your hair. Yes, you have to rinse it out. And don’t drink the rinse water!
3. Soak your hair in a small basin of water with 1/4 cup cider vinegar or put the concoction in a spray bottle and rinse through your hair, then wash out with warm water. This helps control nasty shampoo buildup.
4. Rinse your hair in diluted tea. Tea contains tannic acid, an astringent, which can cut the oil.
5. Mix the equivalent of the juice from 1 lemon with 1 cup water and rinse through your hair, and then rinse with warm water. Lemon juice can help control shampoo buildup, too.
6. Beer can have a drying effect, and it cleans right down to your scalp, leaving your hair with a healthy shine.
7. First of all take 4 tablespoon of well mashed ripe Banana pulp in a glass bowl. Now add 1 tablespoon of raw honey in it. Add 1 teaspoon of Grape fruit juice or fresh lemon juice. Now mix all the ingredients well to become smooth. Now you are done and your hair pack is ready to use. Apply this mask on scalp and hairs till the tip of hairs, before going to bath. Massage gently on scalp while applying then leave for 30 min then wash it using mild shampoo.
8. You can also create your own shampoo by mixing a cup of any mild shampoo with 1 tsp. aloe Vera gel and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. You can store this up to a week in the fridge. This is one of the home remedies for oily hair.
9. Mix Beer, Lemon juice, Cider Vinegar and Tea. Then apply on scalp to tip of the hairs then leave for 3 min then wash it using very mild shampoo. This solution should be used for final rinse. These acidic ingredients work well to combat excess oils.
10. Mix 2 egg Yolks with few drops of lemon juice then apply on wet hairs. Leave around 2-3 min then wash it using shampoo which suits your hairs type.