Is toning of skin is important as cleansing? YES it is, I know we all think that toning is not important but let me share that toning is as important as cleansing of our skin. We all know the importance of good cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine for our skin. I won’t go into the details of it instead, I will focus on the easily available home ingredients that can be combined together to make an effective all natural toner for oily skin.
Considering that we will have our skins for our entire lives, it makes sense that it needs to be maintained to last the test of time. Hence the global use of skincare, to help us cleanse, tone exfoliate and moisturize, all in the aid of giving us the best skin possible.
Toning is an important part of our day to day beauty care regime. After cleansing your face properly, it is of utmost importance to tone your face to absorb the excess oil from the surface of your skin and remove the leftover traces of dirt and cleansers, settled on the face. All these can be heavy on your pocket. Why spend money for something when you can whip up facial toners cheaply at home? Yes, it is very much possible to rustle up facial toners using ingredients available in your kitchen without spending money.
Making our own skincare products is not hard and more importantly it is a lot cheaper than most commercial brands on the market today. For some the comfort of knowing that no chemicals are used in their homemade skincare products could be motivation enough, for others it could be the ease and affordability, whatever the motivation making your own skincare products at home can be very satisfying.
Below I have shared some of homemade toners for oily skin:-
1. Take 1 peppermint tea bag, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp witch hazel and 1 cup of boiling water. Now In the cup of boiling water place the peppermint tea bag, leave to diffuse for 10 minutes, remove tea back and allow cooling and then adding witch hazel and lemon juice mix well. You can Store in a class container or bottle and keep refrigerated. Use this toner every day after you cleanse your skin and before moisturizing.
2. Apply pure Aloe Vera juice as any toner. This is most suitable for oily skin but can be soothing to sun burned or wind burned skin. It is not good for dry skin. If you find aloe Vera too drying, dilute with up to 50% distilled water and then apply on your face.
3. Another best toner for oily skin, Pour ½ cup witch hazel in a glass jar and add about 10 drops sweet orange essential oil in it. Shake well to mix the ingredients together. Store in an airtight bottle and apply this toner daily once.
4. Take 1 tbsp dried mint leaves and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass jar. Add 1 cup distilled water in this mixture and cover the jar. Allow to sit undisturbed for three days. Strain out the mint leaves and pour toner into a clean container with a tight fitting lid. Now your toner is ready to use.
5. Take 1 cup of neem leaves and clean them properly. Now take 1 and 1/2 cups of water to a boil and put the leaves in it, close the lid, turn off the flame and wait till it cools down. Take out the leaves after 30-40 minutes and then strain the water in a clean bowl. Pour this water in a clean dry spray bottle and store in the refrigerator. Use it daily once as a toner.
6. Grate a fresh cucumber and add ½ cup of curd to this. Apply and leave this pack on your face for 5-10 minutes. This natural face toner is very effective for oily skin type .You can store this facial toner in the refrigerator for regular use.
7. Put a pinch of camphor in the bottle of rose water and wipe neatly your face with this solution 3-4 times a day. This homemade facial/skin toner is helpful for those also who is suffering from acne problem.
8. Take 2 peaches after removing the peels. Mash them well to mix with almond oil /olive oil and one spoon of cream. Smear this mixture on your face and wash off with lukewarm water after ten minutes .The result: clear, resplendent and fresh skin.
9. Take 4 spoons of rose water, 1/3 spoon of alum, 100 gm. of glycerin; mix them together to prepare a natural toner at home. Apply this toner daily once. You can keep this natural face toner in the fridge also for regular use.
10. You can try ice cold water for toning your skin too .After cleansing your face ,dab on ice cold water on your face to close the open pores and tone it properly .Ice cold water is an excellent facial/skin toner.
11. Steep green tea in water for ten minutes. Strain this mixture and apply this on the face .Try this recipe of natural facial toner in the morning to get a tingling fresh and smooth skin all day long. Best toner for working women’s.
12. Apply lemon juice on the face for ten minutes and wash off. Scrubbing lemon on the face lightens your facial complexion too.
13. In a grinder, pure 1 apple with one spoon of honey .Keep this concoction on the face for 15 minutes; wash off with lukewarm water. Apple mixed with honey acts as a wonderful facial/skin toner. Try this recipe to get fresh and vivid skin daily.
14. Use egg white as a toner, clean your face with any homemade cleanser and then apply egg white on the face and wash off after 15 minutes. Use daily for best results.
15. One of the best toner for oily skin. Take 3 spoons of tomato juice and 1 spoon of organic honey and mix them together. Make it a thick paste to dab on your face to tone it naturally. Apply this toner for 15 min then wash it using normal water.